Hi friends..its a soggy, rainy, windy and dreary weekend over here, great weekend to stay in and catch up on so much. If my desk which is pile high with paperwork is any indication, that is a blessing! The worst is behind us and we were lucky to have been spared Joaquin’s wrath…..wishing the same for all of you. First things first, time to announce a winner of the beautiful Kate Spade correspondence set, congratulations goes to-
Please contact me at email@example.com to provide your monogram letter choice and shipping address. Thank you.
Finally seeing The Intern today….was supposed to go twice before that and both times something came up, I was so disappointed as I had plans the very first day it came out to see it with a friend but got sick. I LOVE everything Nancy Meyers does. I just know it will not disappoint and am in the mood for one of those great “feel good” kind of movies.
Really want to see Everest in 3D too, you might have read about me that I have had a fascination with all things Everest for a long time. It really peaked a few years ago when I read just about every book on the subject and watched every documentary, it has somewhat waned but I still find it utterly fascinating!
As I do every Sunday, I share seven things I am loving and this weekend is another bevy of beauty and this week in particular it’s really over the top kind of beauty, so here we go…..
1 HOLLY HOLLON. A new name for me, but one I will not forget. An artist extraordinaire who has the most exquisite stationery offerings. I have to keep these in mind for my holiday cards, any party in my future and of course my eventual kids weddings:) Not to imply they will turn the planning over to me of course but I can dream.
Really in love with her work and see an order in my future! Just feast your eyes on the beauty here! Click here to find out more about Holly Hollon.
2. INSTAGRAMS OF INTEREST As I do every Sunday I share with you my favorite instagrams of the week. I always have to use restraint as there are so many to love but these are my tip top favorites, so much beauty this weekend!
3. FABULOUS HERALDRY. I get occasionally asked about who I recommend for wedding monograms and heraldry and there are a few names in my treasure chest of resources. Gina Langford however is a newer name to me but one I will certainly keep handy.
What beautiful work she does….so much so that Town and Country recently honored her exquisite work as being a wedding artist to know about….I concur! You can contact Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. A FAVORITE SOUP RECIPE. I loooove soup and make it 1-2 times a week during the winter. I enjoy a good chicken tortilla but have only enjoyed it in restaurants as I had never made it before….until last week. Gave this recipe a whirl and it was soo delicious. My entire family loved it and it will no doubt become a new staple in my soup repertoire. Click here to be taken to The Cafe Sucre Farine for the full recipe.
5. A TRIP THAT MIGHT JUST MAKE YOU A LITTLE JEALOUS. Imagine your husband came home one night and surprised you and told you to pack your bags right away, that you were heading to Tuscany the very next day! Well that is precisely what happened to a lucky friend.
I think my husband needs a crash course in her husbands class! She shared her amazing pictures and they were just too gorgeous to not share with my readers, knowing how much you love beauty as do I. So get swept away in her pictures from Tuscany……..
PS Don’t be too jealous, she is beyond nice, kind and sweet and so deserved this trip:)
And Kathy was sweet enough to even think of me and look what I got all the way from Tuscany….
6. AMAZING NEW PRODUCTS SOON TO BE COMING TO THE ENCHANTED HOME! I swear I am like a kid in a candy shop when I get new goodies. The things I am most excited about are all chinoiserie related…so many beautiful things coming I must make room in my home pronto! Gorgeous lamps, mirrors, lanterns and sconces.
The chinoiserie pillows and I will soon be carrying solid wood hand carved wooden brackets in antique gold and softly glazed colors…really gorgeous stuff! Here’s a sneak peek of some of the goodies getting their finishing touches put on……
How stunning are these lamps! I will offer them in 3 colorways…..
This mirror will come in 3 colorways (already making room in my own home) how fabulous are they!
I am beyond happy to be introducing hand carved solid wood brackets, they will be offered in a soft antique gold and a painted glaze finish to start-
(here they are having just gone through the carving stage yet to be finished)
7. SHOWHOUSE PROGRESS. Well the big week is upon us, I am equally excited as I am nervous. There will be a over 400 people at the gala event on Thursday and it’s rather nail biting but in a great way.
I am pretty much together in my planning, its been a fast and furious week of last minute to do’s and my DIY project (brackets) took on a life of its own (an entire post will be devoted to that). But I am pleased to say the end result was exactly what I was looking for:)
I did a mini dress rehearsal of the table featuring the absolutely gorgeous green velvet tablecloth I have made of this wonderful Tilton Fenwick fabric and navy bullion fringe…..
Wish me luck! The next time you see all of this will be in the space itself, (be sure to follow on Instagram click here to follow me)
So there are my seven things for this weekend….anything here excite you? What about something you have discovered this week, anything worth sharing? Thank you as always for stopping by, wishing you a relaxing Sunday and a great close to your weekend. Stay warm! Until next time…..
Lastly started a blue and white going going gone promo yesterday afternoon, amazing chance to stock up on blue and whites at prices you simply cannot find period! Click here for details