Comments : 19

Good Sunday morning to you. Hope you have had a nice weekend, mine was going fine until that horrific shooting occurred. It really affected me in a very deep way ( click here) and I cannot thank you enough for your hundreds of comments/emails.We cannot turn a blind eye to this again.  I also ended up getting one of the worst migraines I have gotten in years  but  I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.  Social media can be a great thing in how it connects perfect strangers. One of my followers reached out me whose child was the best friend of the swimmer, Nicholas Dworet. who was gunned down and killed. His younger brother was also hospitalized but is OK.

Needless to say the entire community  is in deep mourning, she has started a Go Fund me page to raise funds for Nicholas’s family from Sweden to come back to the U.S to attend and prepare for his funereal. I immediately made a donation and hope you might consider it too, no amount is too small and in times of tragedy, we all have to come together and give and do however we possibly can. Click here to make a donation in Nicholas’s honor.  (There is no amount too small to give)

OK moving along, time to announce the winner of the ginger jar giveaway. Congratulations goes to-

#19 TAMMY RINGEISEN

Please contact us at [email protected] to provide your shipping info so your jar can be on it’s way

_______________________

I love getting back to what I so enjoy doing  here,  sharing and inspiring beauty. We got a beautiful unexpected snowfall last night which is always thrilling to see but I won’t complain if it’s the last one especially as we  are in the home stretch and spring is really not so far away!

I am already starting to think about bringing my cushions and pillows out, getting my planters filled,  going to my favorite garden center, cannot wait! OK onto my Seven on Sunday…..

——————————————

1 MY NEW GORGEOUS PLANTERS! I nearly jumped for joy when I saw these pictures. My new style Provence planters are almost done and will soon be on their way. I already have my stash reserved for PB.

Just in love now that they are all painted (just waiting on finials and to be boxed up)! These will be here in early April, they are not online yet but you can preorder or get info by emailing us at orders@enchantedhome or  calling 800-804-9565.

Love this new color above and below, Meeting House a soft creamy taupe

This below is the second style, another beauty will be offered in 3 colors

2 CHICKEN SCARPIELLO If you have never had this, you are in for a major treat. I love this dish and normally do not make it as a family  meal but when we have people over. ALWAYS a crowd pleaser, sooo tasty.  l like serving it with a fusilli with pesto and peas, a big salad and you are good to go. The key is letting this cook until the chicken is so tender it falls off the bone, always a crowd pleaser!

I have my local butcher cup up the chicken to pieces that are about 2″ and will also occasionally add a few chicken boneless breasts cut up. This is heavenly good and highly recommended.

Directions

Coat a large, wide pan with olive oil and bring the pan to a medium-high heat. Add the sausage and brown well. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and reserve.

Season the chicken generously with salt and add to the pan that the sausage was browned in. Brown the chicken well. Once the chicken is brown on all sides, remove it from the pan and reserve.

Drain the oil from the pan and return it to the heat. Coat the pan lightly with new olive oil, add the onions, and season with salt. Cook the onions over medium heat until they are translucent and very aromatic, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.

Add the wine to the pan and reduce it by half. While the wine is reducing, scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Return the sausage and chicken to the pan and add the cherry peppers, cherry pepper juice, chicken stock, and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer for 5 more minutes; add more chicken stock if the stock has reduced too much.

Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed. The finished dish should be slightly soupy, spicy, and delicious.

3 INSTAGRAMS OF INTEREST  You can tell spring is not so far away with  my round up this week, of course had to throw in some mouth watering food pics and a few cute cherubs to round out this weeks picks.

4 EMIRATES KNOWS MORE ABOUT YOU THAN YOU THINK. Having flown Emirates to Milan about six months ago I can attest to what a amazing airline it was. From the incredible comfort to the stellar service, this airline is everything it promises. But I was surprised to read this article about what goes on behind those smiling accommodating faces of the flight attendants. Click here to read, pretty fascinating!

5. CALLING ALL READERS. I am so thrilled for the amazing success my fellow blogger and friend, Kristy Harvey is having with her wonderful books, and with good reason. She has captivated so many with her wonderful, heart warming, funny stories (all that take place in the south is an extra bonus) and knows how to really engage her reader, her books are the kind you don’t want to close.

You know those kind of books that you wish you could literally jump into and become a part of the story ? Think  Nicholas Sparks meets Elin Hinderbrandt….yes they are that good. I can hardly wait to delve into her newest, The Secret to Southern Charm. I just know her books are headed to the big screen one day:) Click here to preorder yours

6. A CHOCOLATE MUSEUM!! Wow this headline sure caught my eye, this could “sweeten” the deal for just about anyone wanting to become a patron of the arts:) One of the all time chocolate masters, Jacque Torres has opened up a museum in NYC  dedicated to chocolate! This is not only something that would be a lot of fun to visit but I am telling you about it in case a visit to NY might be in your future, that could be a great and delicious activity  to add to your itinerary list.

A ticket includes  a visit to the past of how chocolate came to be, what has happened with it through time and of course some tastings (best part if you ask me). There is also a children’s workshop which includes cookie decorating to keep the tots busy while you try to sneak in another chocolate tasting:) Click here for more info

7. SUNDAY’S SURVEY.  So I was at Mailino, a favorite restaurant in NYC  a few weeks ago (a restaurant owed by restaurant extraordinaire Danny Meyer) who has implemented a no tipping policy in all of his restaurants. I actually loved the idea, the tipping is now built into their menu prices and you know what?  It was nice to just pay and go and not have to calculate a tip.

Really hoping this catches on and think it would actually be a great thing to  know that the tip is included and it’s one less think to have to think about at the end of a meal. What do you think?

________________

That is a wrap for this weekend, anything here interest you? Always love to hear from you and appreciate you stopping by and making TEH. a part of your Sunday mornings.

Several of you had written or called that you were getting my posts and now are not. We are on it, think there was another glitch with the mail delivery service so we are correcting it. Will let you know when all is well so you can report back if you are still having issues. Wishing you a wonderful day and end to your week. Until next time…..

PS  Have room for 2-3 more pictures for the Blue and White Love contest! Don’t miss out, click here for details.

PPS If anyone is looking for rock bottom prices on furniture and rugs, Decor Market is having their Presidential sale where almost everything is a whopping 30% off. I just got my client 2 mirrors, 2 lamps and a rug for $751.00!! Click here to visit Decor Market